Friday, October 7, 2011

Review: Chanel Sophisticated Eye Collection Fall 2011: Les 4 ombres Vanites

Chanel Vanites ($57 for 0.24 oz) didn't catch my immediate attention when I spotted it out on Chanel.com. I have quite a few favorite purple/plum/lilac eyeshadows so I hardly feel up to this theme color. Then Cafe Makeup did a fabulous review on Vanites (as always). At this point I had to rush to my local Chanel counter to of course tried, and (certainly) grabbed Vanites.

I'm totally sold by the lovely color combination, the smooth finely milled texture, the diverse finishes (you know I love mixing between finishes) and the versatility of the quint. Vanites has a satin light lilac pink, a dou-chrome purple/brown, a golden lavender, and a shimmery deep purple.

The true colors showed up under direct sunlight.

How I apply Vanites:

  • Lavender all over my lids
  • Douchrome purple/brown on outter V
  • Lilac pink on brown bones and to soften the edge of the crease
  • Deep purple on the outer lid to create a wedge shape, then blend lightly to merge with the lavender
  • Lilac pink onto the middle of the eyelids to brighten that area bit
  • Deep purple to the outer lower lashline
  • Finish with Chanel Espresso eyeliner, Dior Iconic Mascara to curl and Armani Eyes to Kill mascara for length

The result is beautiful. I love this quint so much that I almost purchased a back-up. Yes, Vanites belongs to the permanent line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...