Sunday, October 30, 2011

Review: Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Hydrating Foundation SPF 10

Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Hydrating Foundation ($46 for 1oz) promises a healthy glow and moisturized airbrush finish. It comes with sun protection though minimal, i.e. SPF 10, which is handy if you want to take flash pictures. It doesn't wash me out at all.

The numbering.

  • 7 depths of color from 1 through 7.
  • 3 undertones with 0 being neutral, 1 for yellow-undertone and 2 for cool undertone.
  • For example, my shade 031 is for medium skin tone with yellow undertone.

Great features
Diorskin Nude provides very smooth finish, covering my uneven complexion. One pump for medium coverage and two if you want full coverup. It evens out my skin tone and stays put for 8 hours.

Flaws
Diorskin Nude is oxidized A LOT during the day with or without setting powder. You may want to match with a slightly lighter shade than your actual skin color. Although named "hydrating" it's rather dry and sets in matte finish. I always prep my skin with a thick moisturizer. Even so this foundation emphasizes the flakiness around my chin in the winter. I've found this the major issue I have with Diorskin Nude.  It also sets in my fine lines. I need to sheer out these areas more than other areas
Application tip. Shake well first. Your fingers are much suitable than brush or sponge for whatever desired coverage. Dior Skin Nude dries fasts, a brush wouldn't melt and blend it as good as the body heat.

Dior Skin Nude used to be my holy grail foundation. I finished half of the bottle and just to run out of patience with the mentioned downsides. Since the discovery of Chanel Mat Lumiere, I don't reach for Dior Skin Nude as often.

Swatched with few other foundations. 1) Giorgior Armani Luminous Silk 6.5; 2) Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk 5.75; 3) Chanel Mat Lumierre 4.0; 4) Dior Skin Nude 031; 5) Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich 3.5; 6) Nars Sheer Glow Stromboli.
Bottom line. Dior Skin Nude is a good foundation for oily kin and not-so-dry weather. With proper techniques and a little practice, it can give you a long wearing, smooth coverage.  If you have dry skin then I wouldn't recommend it.  But check this out next time you swing by a Dior counter. It's at least worth your try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...