Sunday, April 21, 2013

Review: Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lipgloss 02 Rose Crush

Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lipgloss 02 Rose Crush ($45 for 0.24 oz) is a rosy brown that goes on opaque in one layer. I particularly love Rose Crush to create nude lips that don't look dead. It gracefully tones down bright lip colors while retaining the characteristics of the colors. Rose Crush adds a healthy shine to my lips. All in all it's a flattering shade for my skin tone (light warm yellow undertone). While I adore the color, I don't think it's insanely unique to deserve the price. So let's explore the texture and the packaging of Rose Crush.
Like other Tom Ford lip glosses (and almost all other lip glosses from any brands), Rose Crush feels a bit sticky on my bare lips. Layering it on top of lip balm or other lipsticks reduces the stickiness and facilitates even application. I don't particularly bother with prepping my lips but it'd be nicer if the texture were more comfortable. However, I think the stickier texture allows Rose Crush to stay put longer on the lips. 
Close-up of the applicator

Tom Ford Rose Crush comes in a chic and elegant square tube with golden trip and the brand's signature brown cap. The applicator is surprisingly user-friendly. It's small and narrow yet possesses the right stiffness that helps the glosses glide on smoothly and evenly. I love the case and the applicator! I'm  glad it's not the typical doe-footed shape as I have more control of the gloss amount with the brush.

Swatched under direct sunlight. Rose Crush appeared warmer than actual shade.
Tom Ford Rose Crush last good 5 hours on my lips on top of lip balm or lip sticks. When worn alone, the wearing extend to hour 6 but feels sticky and thick on the lips. For all this, I don't think Rose Crush lives up to the price. I'd prefer it in the 30s range. 

Bottom line. Love! Rose Crush is a high-quality nude-but-not-dead lipgloss that would flatter many skin tones. The shade isn't that original and the price could be more wallet-friendly, though. 

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's quite a high price tag for just an okay lipgloss...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't justify to get another TF lip gloss. Still waiting for a wowing color. Thanks for stopping by sweetie!!

      Delete
  2. the shade is really pretty and wearable except for its price =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I've been wearing it non-stop. It looks great with Chanel Rouge Allure in Exquisite.

      Delete
  3. Oooh looks so creamy and opaque! I really like this type of nude--98% of nude lippies make me look like the walking dead but browned-nudes like this suit me perfectly! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay to brown nudes!!!! I can't do completely nude either, look like I haven't had a meal in decades even with a smile. Hope you'll try Rose Crush out.

      Delete
  4. This is a gorgeous color, however I don't think I could ever break down and spend $45 on a gloss when there are some in the $5 range that are amazing. Especially, when they are sticky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a price! I wasn't particularly blown away by the quality. However, it's still a good color and offers decent wearing. I just have to restrain myself from getting more. hehehe.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...