Friday, February 22, 2013

Review: Tom Ford Private Blend Lipstick Indian Rose

Tom Ford Indian Rose ($48 for 0.10 oz) is one of the only two lipsticks I own from the brand (the other being Black Orchid here and here). Even though I feel like we can find similar quality and packaging elsewhere, I know immediately that I need Indian Rose in my life. It's become my no brainer lipstick whenever I want to brighten up and soften my looks. It gives me an English rose kinda lips. Who doesn't like it, right? 

Indian Rose is a pigmented warm medium pink with satin finish. It goes on opaque with one layer as a soft warm pink with just a teeny tiny hint of brown. When applied in 3 layers, it shows up completely pink on my naturally red lips. I prefer to wear it with 2 layers so that my natural lip color peeks through.

Like other Tom Ford lipsticks, Indian Rose has heavenly creamy texture that glides on seamlessly into my lips, moisturizeing them without being too fragile for application (*cough* Vincent Longo). His lipsticks feel weightless and hydrating on the lips. You won't feel like wearing lipsticks at all. It's superb but Tom Ford isn't the only who delivers. This luxurious quality can be found in Guerlain Rouge G, Edward Bess Ultra Sleek, Dior Addict, Burberry Lip Cover and the likes. 

It's breathtakingly stunning isn't it? Especially for such a wearable shade. 
What really grabs my heart though is the long wearing. My easy-to-be-dehydrated lips usually bear lighter color lipsticks for 4 hours without food or drink. Tom Ford Indian Rose stays fresh for 5 hours without drinking or eating. It can last all the way to hour 7 yet the color isn't as vibrant as my lips gradually absorbs it. For the lipstick to stay put longer, you can apply it in thin layers and lightly blot. But if you're happy with 5 hours plus lunch and no touch up then no need for blotting. 

Swatches 2 layers
Tom Ford lipsticks come in a gold-trimmed brown square case that feels luxury and a bit masculine in an attractive way. The cap closes tightly with a click. The brand logo TF is engraved on the lipstick bullet. All in all, I feel like my $$ isn't completely a waste for the packaging. 

That brings me to the price. At $48 range, you can find similar quality in other brands like I mentioned above. Lipsticks are the one department where so many brands from drugstore to luxury do an exceptional job. If you put aside the colors of Tom Ford lipsticks (in my case it's the main reason for the expensive procurement of Indian Rose and Black Orchid), I won't run to the counter or raid the online stores just to get them like I did with his blushes. In other words, they're excellent but I don't think they deserve the price tag. I think $30s would be more reasonable. However, we have different purposes in buying a beauty product. I adore Tom Ford and while the price slows me down in collecting his beauty line, I don't mind overpaying for my favorite lipsticks.  

Here is a look with Indian Rose. Full makeup list here

Bottom line. OBSESSED. My latest everyday lipstick. I will absolutely repurchase once finishing it. The price could be more friendly though. 

Have you checked out Tom Ford Indian Rose or any of his lipsticks? I would love to hear your thoughts on the brand. Anything Tom Ford please! 

18 comments:

  1. Hi JoanneP,
    What a gorgeous color on you! At first I thought it would be too dark but when swatched on your lips, it looks super pretty :)
    I haven't caved into my first TF lip stick but I think I would get one in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you!!! It's not dark at all. You can always sheer it out too. A friendly warning sweetie: once you're in you're in! xx

      Delete
  2. I see what you mean.. It is absolutely stunning! a must. Your love for TF has come over me. I see a Cognac Sable in my very near future! The whole line is just incredible!It looks absolutely gorgous on you btw :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! Cognac Sable is the very best! I toned it down the other day for my doctor's visit and it looked so lovely. You must let us know how you like it. xx

      Delete
  3. It's GORGEOUS on you! I said the same thing after getting one TF lipstick-now I have 4!! I only get them when I'm on holidays because thank god there's no counter near me haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!! What did you get Tracy? I tested all of them but probably wasn't in the mood to get more than the two I own. My TF counter isn't near but definitely within my driving distance. I just can't resist. LOL! And thank you for your sweet comment <3

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks much Janet!! Not sure why Ford named it Indian Rose. It feels more English Rose to me. So youthful, fresh and lovely!

      Delete
  5. It looks like a pretty MLBB shade, I have two TF lipsticks so far, but am still looking for a perfect MLBB shade / Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second it! You must have read my mind. I added Indian Rose to MLBB list together with Chanel Rouge Coco Mademoiselle, Laura Mercier Audrey, Edward Bess Tender Love. The difference lies in Indian Rose warm medium pink. The others leans more rosy brown on me. But they're all lovely. What do you have so far Claire?

      Delete
    2. I have Black Orchid and Aphrodisiac (which I am probably going to purge) :) Chanel RC Mademoiselle is a lovely shade, I also like wearing it from time to time xxx

      Delete
    3. Oh I adore Black Orchid!!! And Aphrodisiac is gorgeous!! Yay to Chancel Mademoiselle. I wish the texture were creamier and the formula were more hydrating. xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Joanne. I love TF Indian Rose. It is the creme de la creme of lipsticks. This one was the first I got and I just love it. TF lip products are all stunning. I just purchased the Lip Shine colors and will be reviewing them soon.
    Great post :) XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it simply stunning? I can't wait for your thoughts on TF lip shines. They have superb quality and really the most pigmented lip shines I've ever tried. Thank you for stopping by!!

      Delete
  7. I have been wanting to get this color. It is beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will go in line with the rest of your makeup I suppose. And it will be lovely on you too! xx

      Delete
  8. Oh my! This shade is absolutely stunning and it looks beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Taylor!! I'm always drawn to this type of pink, some brown, some pink and slight tint of red. Love it!! And I bet it complements all skin tone.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...