Sunday, January 13, 2013

Look: Blushing pink with Tom Ford Narcissist

Ever since Tom Ford Narcissist blush became a staple in my makeup collection, I've wanted to do a natural look with it. It's a vibrant blue-based red pink that can make anybody look like a clown with just one swipe. But it is that blue and red undertones that match those colors on my skin (and many others' I believe). So I can create a healthy blushing cheeks at ease. 

I opted for natural sheer foundation (Burberry), pink lips (Tom Ford Indian Rose) and eye makeup (Edward Bess Mirage and Intimate) to balance out the strong cheeks. I myself think this look is a bit overly sweet, especially that white button-up shirt. When reviewing the photos, I thought I looked like trying too hard to be 17 again ;;). Anyway, next time a  little black dress should solve the issue.    

How do you like the soft pink theme of this look? Please scroll down for the makeup products I used. 

 Posed under direct sunlight, hence that look :D. Can you see the glow on my cheeks? The more I wear Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate (#2), the more I love it!

 Another shot to show you the satin finish of Edward Bess eyeshadows in Mirage and Intimate 
and the glow, yes of course :)


Make up breakdown

Face
YSL Touche Eclat No 8
Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage SC 3
Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder

Eye
Edward Bess Ultra Luminous Eyeshadow Mirage and Intimate
Bobbi Brown Gel Liner Espresso
Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Stretch Mascara
Tom Ford Brow Sculptor Espresso

Lips
Tom Ford Lipstick Indian Rose

14 comments:

  1. You look pretty, as always. Love your make-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you sweetie! Wish we lived closed to play with makeup and your shoe/bag collections. Take care xx

      Delete
  2. This really does suit you so well - such a fresh color! You look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine!!! Love love love Narcissist.

      Delete
  3. Hi JoanneP,
    It looks very nice on you!!
    I thought Narcissist is going to be very pink but it looks very nice on your skin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ladies of memoiselle! I was gasping at how vibrant Narcissist looked in the pan. A Little goes a really long way.

      Delete
  4. That blush is SUPER pretty on you! BUT that lipstick! It's PERFECTION on you! So gorgeous you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy! I've been sporting this look almost everyday. I just play the blush down a bit for the office :D. Thought i was overly sweet but I'm so happy you like it!!

      Delete
  5. Ahk--goodness Joanne, you are SO effing gorgeous. I'm so jealous right now!! ;)

    Oh, and the blush looks gorgeous on you, of course! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're sweet Becca! I can't remember your skin tone if you ever mentioned it, forgive me :D. But I'm sure it will look on you too. It has blue, red and bright pink. Can't really go wrong. Love love love!

      Delete
  6. Right on Joanne! Impressive how you managed to do such a natural look with such a pigmented blush :). I'm still madly in love with it, I wish I could get my hands on it :p. Looking goorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought you could by it in Europe? I'm flattered Teri, given how good you're at makeup!!!!

      Delete
  7. I finally found your blog. I need to try TF Narcissist, it looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...