Monday, February 18, 2013

Tom Ford blushes swatches - Lovelust, Flush, Savage, Ravish, Narcissist

My obsession with Tom Ford blushes all started with his Narcissist. I then literally raced to the counter and grabbed four more, leaving two behind for good reasons :D.

All of Tom Ford blushes have unbelievably exquisite shimmer. But don't let the word "shimmer" itself push you away. Tom Ford executes the bling brilliantly. The shimmer shows up in heavy swatches but when applied on the cheeks lightly, it becomes undetectable to the naked eyes (unless your nose rests against the mirror :p). All creates delicate sheen on your cheeks at different levels. The texture feels like velvet that blends seamlessly into the skin, exactly like cream blushes. The shimmer doesn't sit on top of the pigment. All are gorgeous, stay on for at least 8 hours on my combination skin. I'm so obsessed with them all!!!

You can check out the review of Narcissist here. The rest will come up soon. In the mean time, here is a gloss-over of each shade.

Lovelust is pinky peach with tiny cool pink pearl finish. The most frosty out of his current blushes. It can be use as a highlighter to create a subtle glow on the cheek bones. See it here with Tom Ford Black Orchid, Shade and Illuminate 2 and Brow Sculptor Espresso. It's tremendous!

Flush is vibrant peachy coral with delicate coral shimmer. Like Narcissist, it requires a very light hand and you can build it up easily. It creates a 60s vibe when paired with Burberry Devon Sunset! Flush is one of those shades that instantly brighten up your complexion. Unbelievably lovely!

Savage is a warm brown with a hint cool pink shimmer and red undertone. It's the least shimmery of the bunch together with Narcissist. It isn't as pigmented as the rest and requires multiple layers to become opaque. Usually I count this as a weakness. However, Mr Ford is a genius. A deep color like Savage would handily create a mess on the cheeks if it were too pigmented. So I actually LOVE its sheerness. 

Ravish is pinky brown with strong cool pink undertone that is similar to that of Narcissist and cool pink shimmer. A very sophisticated color! When applied lightly, it doesn't look that different from Savage. But when built up the cool pink undertone and shimmer really add such a beautifully surprising glow for the cheeks. I can't help but LOVE it!

Swatches under slight cool lighting

Have you picked any of Tom Ford blushes or any other products? What are your favorites? 

18 comments:

  1. OMG. Your collection...I kinda can't breathe right now!!!!! I still don't have any TF blushes!!! Someday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gummy, I think you need at least two: something peachy and either Ravish or Savage ;)

      Delete
  2. Savage and Ravish are gorgeous! Dang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I would have never thought of getting these two. They are truly stunners!

      Delete
  3. ARRRRGHH Blush HEAVEN is all I see! :) I have Love Lust, and wasn't all that impressed with it. I SHOULD HAVE GOT FLUSH or RAVISH!! Sigh. On the never ending blush list they go! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Blush heaven has no limit! I don't even wear blushes that much but ever since I got Tom Ford's, things change completely. Yay for Flush and Ravish!

      Delete
  4. I'd pick the 2 brightest ones - Narcissist and Flush. They are gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, totally!! They can brighten your skin instantly!!

      Delete
  5. ahhh what a beautiiiful post! OK Flush and Love Lust are GORGEOUS... so is Savage... somebody perhaps I will own one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of all Tom Ford beauty items I own, I love his blushes the most!! I almost just wear them, nothing else!!

      Delete
  6. Holy smokes. My eyes ---> O__O

    I've yet to splurge for a Tom Ford anything yet, but now I'm thinking it will have to be a blush when it finally happens. What a gorgeous collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz!! Go for it! You won't regret. But I'd die if I had to choose one. LOL!

      Delete
  7. Wow you have quite a collection of TF now, Joanne! Lucky, lucky girl! :P I still have yet to try anything. I was going to purchase a blush a while ago because everyone kept saying how exquisite the texture was but then suddenly, I started to hear a lot more mixed reports of how the textures were not really that great and the whole line was not worth the $. I got confused and decided to wait. I really need to find a place to swatch so I can make up my mind but I believe the nearest counter to me is about an hour and a half away and I am so lazy to drive that far!! :P haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Becca!! My wallet suffers hehehe. I hope you can visit a counter someday, the best way to justify your investment!! I love hanging out with the girls at TF in Houston. I don't think all 7 blushes offer exactly the same quality (Narcissist, Ravish and Flush are the best) yet they're the very best I've tried so far. Whether they meet your expectation for $55, quality-wise and color-wise, is personal. They do in my case. And I don't even love shimmer blushes or blushes.

      Delete
  8. OMG your collection of TF blushes is awesome!! I wanna sneak into your house!! LOL :p
    Narcissist attracts my attention but I want to compare it with Burberry Hydrangea and see how similar are they :)
    Don't you think TF addiction is a dangerous addiction? I am really drawn into their product mainly because of their luxurious packaging, and the quality of the products doesn't disappoints too!

    Meryl @ Memoiselle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meryl!! I think Narcissist is redder and has more blue pink than Hydrangea, but they belong to the same color family. Plus Burberry blushes are excellent quality.

      Mental note: I'll show my entire collection sometime, probably after the release of his summer collection in May/June. I want so many items from it. And I've been told he will have one collection for fall and one for the holidays. It means more damage will be done hehehe.

      Delete
  9. wow, that is an impressive selection of beautiful blush: I agree that Ford does do a beautiful package and Flush looks really amazing. I think if there were a Tom Ford counter over here, I would be a frequent visitor too: I have that with Burberry Beauty now ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you!!! I don't have Burberry here :((. But that's where beauty blogs come into the scene eh?. Thank you for stopping by! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...