Monday, May 2, 2011

Review: Sultry wearable smokey eye – Dior 5- color Designer All-in-one Artistry Smokey Design Palette

Wearable smokey eyes has always been a challenge for me. I want to look like myself but sultry and mysterious. So when I found Dior Smokey Design Palette I was thrilled (I’m still thrilled actually). I have a thing for grey/taupe color family. This palette is right up my alley. 

The colors are opaque and true to the pan with excellent texture. This is the main advantage of Dior 5-color quints.  You have a creamy base, very similar to Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencil in Yeyo both in color and texture. It can also be used as a highlighter. There are two eyeshadows, silver grey and dark grey. The kicker of the palette, in my opinion, is the creamy glitter in crystal that stays put very well for a glitter. The only downgraded eyecolor is the gel eyeliner that doesn’t stay on for more than 1 hour if not set by powder eyeshadow. It is truly an all-in-one palette.

More swatches

Dior makeup artist created such a gorgeous look using this palette.


I can create smokey look at ease. The eyeshadows glide on smoothly, stay fresh more 5 hours. I travel with it all the time! The packaging is sleek (a plus for traveling) and sturdy. It also includes a large-enough mirror for your convenience. The two applicators definitely help although I prefer my own brushes. Dior Smokey Design Palette is priced at $58 for 0.15 oz or 0.03 oz/color. 

Dior Smokey Design is definitely beautiful and easy-to-use for both wearable and dramatic smokey looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...