Monday, February 20, 2012

Review: Edward Bess Quad Royale in Monte Carlo No. 2

Edward Bess Quad Royale Monte Carlo 02 ($45 for  0.25 oz) is the latest addition to Edward's Quad Royales. It in fact gives you a choice to use individual shades or combination of different shades thanks to the pigmentation. I wouldn't use single shades from the other two Quad Royales as they're noticeably sheerer.
From left to right clock-wise are a warm champagne, a peach, a peachy coral and a coppery bronze. All are infused with shimmer. Monte Carlo is the most shimmery of the Quad Royales. Again, don't worried about the shimmer as it's subtle yet obvious in a positive way.


Monte Carlo is a warm peachy copper when all shades are swirled together.  It's as pigmented as Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Nectar. I only need one application (using my MAC 109 brush, round-toped and dense) to warm up my complexion. If you are fair to light, you might want to use a stippling brush to mix the shades in stead of MAC 109 type of brush. 

Like the other two Quad Royales, Monte Carlo has finely milled texture, soft and really smooth. It's easy to layer and blend without making me look powdery. It also last for a good 8 hours, staying as fresh as when I put it on in the morning. 

And below are swatches under different lighting. For my thoughts on packaging and price range, please refer to my post on South of France

Outdoors in the shade


Under direct sunlight
Comparison post of the three Quad Royales are coming.

Bottom line. Monte Carlo gives you a healthy warmth that looks natural and believable. It's neutral enough for all skin tones but I think it looks best on warm skin. If it were one notch down on shimmery, it'd be my go-to everyday blush/bronzer. Is it a must-have? It depends on whether you like warm peach and high shimmer. If you do it's for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...