Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Review: Edward Bess Ultra Slick lipstick in Tender Love


Edward Bess Ultra Slick Lipstick Tender Love ($30 for 0.14 oz) is a lovely rosy brown that suits pretty much any occasions.

Compared to my other rosy staples, Tender Love is browner than both Chanel Rouge Coco Mademoiselle and Laura Mercier Audrey. The three share the same color depth and that wearable rosy undertone. Laura Mercier Audrey has more pink while Chanel Mademoiselle is more coral-tinted than Tender Love. This kind of coloring is the most frequently-reached in my makeup stash. It's my lips but better type of lipstick. I don't have to think. Whenever in doubt, I just grab a rosy brown like Tender Love. It matches lots of color theme. Since it leans neither too cool nor too warm, Tender Love would suit many skin undertones.

Tender Love goes on opaque with one layer. You can build it up quite a bit but I prefer a thin application. I think it can look a bit heavy with more than one layer if you're on lighter skin tone.

The texture of Edward Bess Lipsticks is phenomenal (I know I sounds like a broken record by using this work repetitively). They feel completely weightless like second skin or naked. Better yet, they are very creamy without being overly creamy and easy-to-crack, moisturizing, non-sticky and stay put. Edward Bess Lipsticks wears good 5 hours on me, and can proceed to hour 6 with deeper shade like Tender Love.

Edward Bess Lipsticks have fig scent, which may or may not be your thing. It works fine for my sensitive nose (I'm not a fan of scented makeup) since it's light and fades away through out the day.

Swatched indoors
Swatched outdoors

Bottom line. Lovely color, impressive texture. If you haven't found a universal lippie for frequent wearing, Tender Love is a great choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...