Saturday, October 15, 2011

Foundation swatches - Giorgio Armani, Chanel, Dior, Bobbi Brown, Nars, Stila, Misha BB cream

Finally I managed to swatch all the foundations that I (once) own(ed). Some of them went straight back to the store while the others will stay on my vanity counter for years to come.

The names

  1. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk 6.5 (great for 30 minutes then extremely muddy)
  2. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk 5.75 (my perfect match)
  3. Chanel Mat Lumierre SPF 15 Beige 4.0 (my perfect match)
  4. Dior Skin Nude SPF 10 Sand 031 (my almost perfect match)
  5. Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich SPF 15 Warm Beige 3.5 (my kind-of match)
  6. Nars Sheer Glow Stromboli medium 3 (my kind-of match)
  7. Stila Illuminating 40 Watt (my so-so foundation)
  8. Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk 6.0 (totally off-color, chalky)
  9. Misha BB cream SPF 42 Beige 023 (just a no-no)

Foundation matching can be very tricky. Some look really good on my skin when first applied then turn ugly after half an hour. In contrast, some don't exactly match my skin at first then become a great match after few minutes. So I decided to do 2 sets of swatches, one fresh and the other after 15 minutes.

Fresh swatches

In mild shading

Under direct sunlight

After 15 minute, the foundations got oxidized

In mild shading


Under direct sunlight

Here is what I conclude.
  • The most light weight (hence most comfy): Giorgio Armani and Chanel
  • The smoothest: Giorgio Armani, Chanel, Dior, Misha BB cream
  • My best match (shade, texture, formula): Luminous Silk 5.75, Mat Lumierre 4.0 
  • The heaviest: Misha BB cream, Nars Sheer Glow
  • The driest: Dior Skin Nude
  • The most full coverage:  Dior Skin Nude, Nars Sheer Glow, Misha BB cream
  • All foundations with SPF looked great with frash even the Lasting Silk SPF 20
  • The only fragraned foundation I ever owned: Misha BB cream (definitely a deal breaker)

I hope this helps a bit on foundation hunting. Have a great weekend beauties!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...