Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Beauty First Aid - Chanel Rouge Coco Chintz and Paul & Joe Sailor's Delight

Nude lips and I seem to have rough relationship. It's hard for me to find good nude that doesn't make me look dead. Chanel Rouge Coco Chintz ($32 for 0.12 oz) held my hope high for it swatched so beautifully on my arm. It's a peachy nude that compliments warm tone well.

Ah, the color turns out not that lovely on my lips. My lips look chalky and my teeth lean yellow. Chintz dries my lips  more than any "regular" lipstick like Maybeline Color Sensation. Totally disappointed for a hydrating formula it claims!

Oh and I can't return it to the duty free shop of an Asian international airport. So when I discovered that Paul and Joe Sailor's Delight (reviewed here) would cancel the chalkiness and moisturizing my lips, my feet didn't touch the ground (well not literally). Sailor's Delight also adds a touch of subtle golden shimmer to Chintz, which I think would pair perfectly with smokey eyes.

Chanel Rouge Coco Chintz swatched alone and layered underneath P&J Sailor's Delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...