Monday, October 17, 2011

Review: Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Eyeshadow - #1 Blast of Blue and # 3 Purpura

Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Eyeshadows were introduced earlier this year. As soon as the first samples hit beauty counters they instantly became a new Armani signature star product besides their famous foundations. I reviewed some of the Eyes to Kill eyeshadows here and I thought that would settle my interest in sparkly eye makeup. But (there's always a "but") my electrified affection for their foundations and mascaras has brought me back to the brand. And once again, Eyes to Kill eyeshadow popped up. I got a sample from Armani counter and decided to share my thoughts.

Armani Blast of Blue ($30 for 0.14 oz) has an unique color mixing - a golden/khaki and deep blue. It doesn't look as much blue for it contains more golden shimmer than blue. When applied on my lids Blast of Blue doesn't look a lot different from Purpura. This observation triggered an immediate comparison of the two. Both have golden shimmer although the proportion of gold is larger in Blast of Blue. The nightime lighting does blur the distinction between Purpura and Blast of Blue on my lids. My warm medium skin tone must have muted the warm golden shimmer making blue and purple look a like. But under good lighting, I can tell them apart.

Like other Eyes to Kill Intense single eyeshadows I own, Blast of Blue is highly pigmented and smooth. No primer needed for a day-long wear.

Swatched under this angle both Purpura and Blast of Blue reveal stunning sparkles. Great for parties!
While I love blues I already have a handful blue eyeshadows of all texture and shades. Blast of Blue would be kind of redundant in my makeup stash. But since it's such a well-done shade, I'm not sure how long I could resist. 

Highly recommended! If you're new to Armani Eyes to Kill Intense eyeshadows and want something distinctive from other blues you have (for the price I think it's worth it), Blast of Blue may satisfy your curiosity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...