Monday, October 10, 2011

Review: Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Biarritz - Everyday beige lipcolor

Bobbi Brown certainly has a library of brilliant makeup tips. One of her advice concerns a beige lipstick that you don't need a mirror to apply and that can be used to tone down any lipcolors applied on top. My beige lippie used to be Dior Casual Beige that is recently revamped. I love it but at the same time I am ready for a change.

I was curious about Chanel's new lipstick line Rouge Coco Shine ($32 for 0.1 oz) for a while but couldn't justify to pick one up (mostly due to the short wearing). They are gorgeous and very moisturizing. My lips don't feel like glycerine. They reside on the sheer side so if you love opaque lipsticks you may want to look somewhere else. The downside is the short life-span of each wearing, hence they requires regular re-applications through out the day. So you will finish Rouge Coco Shine much faster than a common lipstick.

Biarritz isn't different from the rest of the Rouge Coco Shine. It's a brown beige with a smitten hint of orange. It pairs well with both cool and warm eyemakeups. When I can't decide on the lipcolor I reach for Biarritz.
Biarritz comes very closed to a must-have in my makeup bag as it leans a bit orangy. Although I love orange lipsticks I think it isn't as versatile as a neutral or pinky beige. If you haven't check out Rouge Coco Shine, I'd like to urge  you to do so. You would probably come home with at least one of those lovely lippies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...