Monday, October 31, 2011

Review: Laura Mercier Face Illuminator Rose Rendevous - Holiday 2011


As soon as I spotted the first promo picture of Rose Rendevous on the world wide web, I knew I had to set my hands on it. I've been extremely busy and didn't get a chance to play with it in store. But the exquisite design and the description "soft rosy gold" were encouraging enough! So I grabbed one during Sephora Friends and Family Sale. 20% off $42 for 0.2 oz! I felt more justified to blind shop for a deal :D

Let's take a few moments to appreciate the rose design! I love roses. The engraved roses look really sophisticated. 

Rose Rendevous is a soft rosy/champagne beige. It is very shimmery and heavily metallic. The texture is so velvety that it glides on my skin like a champ. Although Rose Rendevous is not the best finely milled shimmer powder of my acquaintance, it's fine enough to not emphasize my pores.  I use a MAC 109 type of brush to apply Rose Rendevous. Since it's highly saturated, you only need a very small amount. I imagine myself never hit the pan. 

On my skin Rose Rendebous looks natural. It saves me from chalky cheek bones that NARS Albatros will end up on me if I forgot to tap off the excess. The coupled rosy and golden makes Rose Rendevous a versatile highlighter for it compliments cool, warm and neutral undertones. The swatches seem to elevate the metallic finish much more than it looks in real life. 

Rose Rendevous stays fresh for more than 4 hours and becomes a subtle glow after 8 hours on my normal/combination skin. 
Rose Rendevous is a very nice highlighter overall. You ladies who share the same obsession of highlighters like me would definitely want it. I don't have anything in the rosy/champagne beige so I'm more than eager to own it. If you're on the hunt for a general good highlighter of the same price range, I'd recommend you check out Dior Skin Shimmer (reviewed here and here) and Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks (my favorites are here and here). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...