Thursday, September 8, 2011

Review: Highlighter - NARS Albatros

Nars Albatros ($27 for 0.16) is described as sheer light golden sheen, which I half-agree with. The golden sheen is very visible and opaque. When applied, the light cream base lies under the golden shimmer layer regardless how I blend it. I'm OK with separate color finish but the golden shimmer is too obvious for my taste even with evening looks. The texture is buttery smooth. It glides on easily and stays put. I love to apply Albatros lightly on top of my blushes rather than my bare checkbones. For the sake of pictures, I swatched all highlighters heavily. When blended out, Albatros looks much softer and wearable.
Albtros is the second most shimmery (Tarina Tarantino Sparklicity wins the title) among the hightlighters I own. Here is a quick comparison with other highlighters of the same family color. TheBalm Manizer has beige undertone. Dior Amber Diamond is a golden copper. Bobbi Brown Pink Oyster has pinky beige base.
If you're medium to dark skin, you might want to test Albatros in person before purchasing. Lighter-skin ladies would love this daring highlighter, particularly if you love shimmer. I like NARS packaging the best for traveling - slim, sleek, effective and durable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...