Monday, September 26, 2011

Review: Giorgio Armani Rouge Lipstick - Beige, Pink, Rouge

I've been curious about Armani Rouge Lipstick ever since I dwelled into their Eyes to Kill eyeshadows. Fortunately I received some samples from a recent Armani splurge. The colors featured include Beige 100, Rouge 400 and Pink 500. Though looked tiny, each lip sample last for good 5 days. They come with a mini lipbrush that I'm not a fan of. It's too pointy to cover larger areas or allow even application.
All three lipcolors have matte finish. The texture is creamy but not moisturizing. Among these samples, Beige 100 has the driest formula. It makes my lips peel. Rouge 400 and Pink 500 don't moisturize my lips but didn't dry them out either. They are not as creamy as Lancome Matte Lipsticks. Based on these samples Lancome Matte Lipcolors beat Rouge Armani texture-wise.

Rouge Armani lipsticks, on the other hand, are light-weight in the way that very much resembles the rest of Armani Beauty. They wear comfortably like a second skin. I don't feel like I'm wearing a lipstick.

Swatched indoors next to the windows
I was so excited about Beige 100 for I'm current in a beige-nude-taupe-neutral obsession. It turns out to be a big fat disappointment - sheer, dry, chalky, quickly fading. Pink 400 is a mauve deep pink that almost looks plum on my lips. When applied with light hands, it is a pretty natural pink that blends into my natural lipcolor. It's work-appropriate for this reason. Rouge 500 is the most pigmented of the bunch. It's a pinky blue-based red that can work for both warm and cool undertone. It's bright and bold in a non-neon kind of way. 

Would I purchase the full-sizes? Probably not these particular shades but given the comfy wearing I will definitely dwell into Rouge Armani world, and hopefully be able to find better shades. But hey, isn't that the purpose of these samples - intriguing beauty addicts into a more profound search?

One more swatch outdoors... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...