Friday, September 16, 2011

Highlighter - Round-up and Application


Highlighting is my favorite technique to add a touch of healthy glow and define my face features. I especially love using matte natural foundation and highlighting only areas I want to bring forward - cheekbones, center of forehead, bridge of the nose, chin, and cupid’s bow. Naturally, smaller brushes will do the jobs. I love two types of highlighting brushes -a dense and nearly flat top and a stippling duo fiber brush. 
The dense nearly flat top brush (e.g. MAC 109) will pick up quite a bit of products hence intensifying the pigmentation. It's ideal to color-block highlighters like Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks or Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc. 

The stippling duo fiber brush (e.g. MAC 188) either small or large depending how large you’d like to apply the highlighter is perfect for mosaic or pigmented highlighters that requires lighter hands. 
Bobbi Brown blender brush recommended for shimmer bricks herself but I find it more suitable for blush than highlighters due to its fan-out shape. 

Now that I shared my thoughts, let's take another look at all of the highlighters I love.
What is your favorite highlighter? What brush do you use? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...