Sunday, October 9, 2011

Review: Chanel Fall 2011 - Rouge Coco Etole

Chanel Rouge Coco Etole ($30 for 0.12 oz ) was released as part of Chanel Fall 2011 collection and added to permanent line together with Chanel Prelude eyeshadow quad. It doesn't stand out in the tube even slightly cliche - medium brown pink. As soon as I tried it on my lips I fell in love with this very fall-appropriate shade. On my lips Etole turns into a beautiful pinky red with brown undertone. But this red is muted enough to be worn for work or school. I apply one coat for a my-lip-but-better finish. I love it.
Etole looks like a sister of Rouge Coco Mademoiselle when swatched on the back of my hand. Mademoiselle has more brown and less red. I think Mademoiselle is a more universal shade that can be worn year round. Etole, on the other hand, would be a bit heavy for warmer months. But it's the signature color of the fall. A couple of comparison swatches Etole vs. Mademoiselle....
Etole pairs beautifully with Chanel Prelude. They are my go-to products when weather cools down and the sun sets earlier. Etole can be a bit dry so I would recommend a lipbalm underneath for both moisturizing and more natural finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...