Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My go-to brown eyeliners - Chanel Espresso, Lancome Black Coffee, Urban Decay 24/7 Whiskey


Brown eyeliners can be tricky for those who have darker features. I have black hair, black brows and black eyelashes. So I had the toughest time finding a good brown eyeliners to save my self from a bruised eye tragedy. If you also have dark features like me you may find these eyeliners as lovely as I do. 

Chanel Stylo Yeux Espresso ($29) is a deep cool brown. It is truly waterproof and stays put more than 5 hours. It's not as soft as Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners but noticeably softer than Lancome Le Crayon Khol. I would recommend you warm Espresso up in the back of your hand before applying on your lashline. The result is flawless and very natural. 

Lancome Le Crayon Khol Black Coffee ($24.5) is also a deep cool brown but slightly cooler than Chanel Espresso. It's not as soft as the other two eyeliners so warming up beforehand would also help for a more even application. Black Coffee doesn't survive after the first two hours on my lids. I usually use Black Coffee as a base rather than an eyeliner. 

Urban Decay 24/7 Whishkey ($18) is the warmest and softest of the bunch. It glides on the most smoothly and easily but it doesn't last as long as Chanel Espresso. Because its warm undertone, I prefer Whiskey for either  lower lashlines or as eyeshadow base. It looks very natural on my warm skintone. No warm up needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...