Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Review: Fall Manicure - Butter London Yummy Mummy

Have you ever felt amazed at each step you apply a product? I was wowing and awing stroke after stroke of Yummy Mummy. It's been a while since I was so impressed about a beauty product.

Butter London Yummy Mummy ($14 for 0.15 oz) is a neutral taupe with a tiny hint of mauve and a very subtle sophisticated shimmer. It glides on smoothly and even out itself. It's the color you can wear year-round, any occasions regardless of your skin tone and your age (well, unless you're less than 15 years old).

I'm happy with just 2 coats. Yummy Mummy dries in flawless and shinny finish so I don't see the necessity of a top coat. In these swatches I used Seche Vite dry fast top coat anyway. Pardon my mega-dry cuticles :(
With all the hype around it (and actually it's such a beautiful color) I had high hope for Yummy Mummy. Sadly, it chipped within 3 days. Disappointed. But the color is far too lovely for it to go back to the store.

By the way, Ulta is having a buy 2 get 1 free deal on Butter London. Ladies, that's equal 33% off! The deal is good until 10/22/2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...