Thursday, June 20, 2013

Review: Dolce and Gabbana Shine Lipstick Soiree

The calssic way to wear smokey eyes is to pair them with pale nude lips. I can't do that at all. After many failed attempts to look smolderingly hot but end up looking like lifeless, I settle for one or two shades lighter than my natural lip colors. In that picture, Dolce and Gabbana Shine Lipstick Soiree ($32 for 0.12 oz) fits in my makeup collection perfectly. 

Soiree is a sheer medium rose with golden shimmer. It's lovely, indeed. And I'm not just raving about the color. It stays fresh for 5 hours, which I find pretty good for a sheer formula. My lips feel moisturized and it glides on smooth and easy. It also feels comfortable and weightless, very easy to wear. 

Under direct sunlight
The pigmentation lies between sheer to semi-opaque. I don't expect Soiree to be highly pigmented as it ain't designed to function as that. Yet I'm pleasantly surprised at the color intensity AND it stays put well despite the hydrating formula. The only minor complain I can think of is the shimmer. It could be more delicate. Although the shimmer isn't overdone to the point the it casts a wash of golden frost on the lips (which I hate!), it's a bit large and too predictable.  
A look I did with Soiree. 
Bottom line. An overall cute lipstick to have for everyday or more dramatic eye looks. Given that almost every brand on the market offers the same type of formula and ridiculously diverse color ranges and price points to choose from, Soiree isn't a must-have. I would still highly recommend the Dolce and Gabbana shine lipsticks. 

What's your favorite Dolce and Gabbana makeup products? Have you tried Soiree or any shine lipticks? Do you think they're worth the price?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...