Friday, June 17, 2011

Review: Chanel natural finish face highlighter and blush – Les Roses

Duty free shopping can be very tempting, especially for some one who loves travel-friendly products, i.e. me. I purchased Chanel natural finish face highlighter and blush ($53 for 0.49oz) aboard during a flight from Taipei to LAX. So I guess this palette is an Asia exclusive. It was , of course, a blind shopping. I only had the beautiful picture to look at. Well, this palette is great for travel but it’s not for everybody, IMO.  







The palettes comes in a velvet black pouch with Chanel logo. It also includes a mirror and a very soft square brush. It has the same design as Chanel blush/bronzer of Summer 2011 collection.
The palette contains 4 color strips: a pale peachy pink, a white, a pink coral and a coral bronze. All has satin finish, which I love. It creates soft dusty rosy cheeks with a touch of glow.  You have a highlighter, 2 blushes and 1 potential bronzer in one palette. I find the colors sheer and chalky.  I spent quite some time just to get the colors show up on my hand. I have to pack 3 layers for the swatch here.








The texture is creamy and smooth. It doesn’t stay on very well though.  I think this palette works best for very fair to light skin tone with cool undertone. Even though it shows up on my medium complexion, it’s not flattering. I’m warm undertone, FYI.

Recommendation: This palette is a great travel companion due to its color variation. If you are in the paler end of the skin tone spectrum, you might want to check it out next time you duty-free shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...