Sunday, June 19, 2011

Review: Dior 5-color eyeshadow quint in Rosy Nude (LE) – A fresh take on neutral colors

When I first saw the promo picture of Dior Rosy Nude ($58 for 0.21 oz), I thought it was boring and wouldn’t show up on me. I was completely wrong. It’s so beautiful, especially that pale pink and that shimmery peach! I can create many soft spring looks that are actually appropriate for any time of the year.

The palette contains a shimmery pearly pink white, a frosty light taupe, a satin pale cool pink, a shimmery peach with champagne flecks and a satin warm light brown. This is such a pretty color coordination. You also have pink and peach rather just earth-tone colors commonly used in neutral looks. The colors you see on the pan are what look like on your lids.
Dior Rosy Nude - indoors

Dior Rosy Nude - outdoors direct sunlight

The pink and peach shades of Rosy Nude are very special. I often avoid pink eyeshadows because most of the time I look bruised. I don’t have much pink stuff either. But this pink is lovely and so wearable. The shimmery peach is neutral enough for both warm- and cool-toned ladies out there. LOVE! If you want to use this palette for more dramatic looks, I would suggest Urban Decay 24/7 Whiskey to darken the outer V. The only downside is that pink comes off a bit during the day even on top of an eye primer.

I love the various finishes of the shadows. I find it’s much more convenient to create looks with mixture of satin and frost. So I don’t look like a disco-ball. All shadows are buttery smooth and glide on effortlessly.
The five beautiful eyeshadows house in a sleek sturdy Dior’s signature case. It comes with a mirror and 2 sponge-tipped applicators. All is packed in a velvet pouch.

Recommendation. Rosy Nude works well for everyday or travel. It’s very easy to wear though it will flatter light to medium skin tone better. A must-have! You have darker skin tone, you might find its companion Rosy Tan (permanently available) amazing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...