Saturday, June 18, 2011

Review: Dior Healthy Glow Powder in Aurora - A “New Look” Bronzer

I truly believe Dior has just initiated a new way to wear bronzers. When you talk bronzer language, we immediately think of “tan”, “sun-kissed”, or sometimes “sun-burned”. Brown is the more prevalent base of bronzers. But Dior Aurora can be worn beautifully as a bronzer and a blush, giving your skin a healthy blushing look. You would get this look after walking under the sun for a while and if you are healthy. Sounds amazing right? I cannot use words to describe how much I appreciate Aurora.
Dior Aurora - direct sunlight

Dior Aurora ($46 for 0.35 oz) is a unique bronzer thanks to its peachy pink tinted.  The powder is very finely milled with sophisticated shimmer. Many have suggested it flatter fair to light skintone extremely well. I actually found it surprisingly beautiful on medium skintone as well. I’m about MAC NC30 – Dior Skinude 031. Nars Laguna bronzer can look muddy on me if I forget to use lighter hand. But Dior Aurora gives me a subtle and healthy glow on the cheeks.

My swatches don’t do the justice. You gotta try Aurora yourself!! It's breathtaking, IMO. I would highly recommend you check this out in person. Bronzers look SO different on various skintone. Also, the Beauty Look Book compared Dior Aurora with the other star product of Dior’s summer 2011 collection- Dior Sunset as well as other popular bronzers of this summer. Her particular post on these bronzers is phenomenal. Cafe Makeup did a gorgeous makeup look with Dior Aurora. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...