Sunday, November 6, 2011

Beauty routine updated with Bobbi Brown Pretty Powerful 2.0

Recently, I've been obsessed with Bobbi Brown Pretty Powerful makeup-overs. It's so fun to browse through her "get the look" catalog. I've learned many simple yet effective tricks to achieve a myself-but-better looks. I especially love how Bobbi picks out the most prominent feature of the face and enhances it. Most of the time, she uses only one or two single eyeshadows as wash of color. No defining the outer V or the creases. Elegant. Natural. Polish.

Since I *love* to observe and sum things up, here are a few steps I pledge to add to my makeup routine.

#1. Erase dark circle and even out the skin with concealer. No more excuses on skipping concealer.  Flawless complexion makes you look at least 5 years younger.

#2. Eyeliner changes the whole look. I've learned about this long before I heard of Bobbi Brown. But her manipulation on eyelining really urges me to play up my eyeliners more regularly.

#3. Never skip the brows. Rarely do I fill my brows. I'm totally cool with my natural thick brows. After witnessing the magic of a well-defined brows, I'll add brow grooming to my to-do list.

#4. Apply bronzer for healthy look skin. I never use bronzer as a bronzer (weird phrase) but a blush. This needs to be rectified too.

#5. Everyone needs a bit of pink, either on lips or cheeks. Countless times did I flip over Bobbi's Pretty Powerful look book and see her applied a pink lipstick/lipgloss/blush on all skin tones and ages. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

By the way, several makeup-overs should grace magazine covers                                    
(Sources: www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com)

Have you visited Pretty Powerful 2.0 home page? You might find useful tips for yourself and very likely your friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...