Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Review: Sephora Collection Contour Eye Pencil 12-Hour Wear Waterproof in No 14 and No 19

I wanted a very deep forest green pencil that didn't scream green or teal. No idea how that adventurous thought got in my mind and I couldn't shake it off. Something deep and dark enough to blend in with my natural hair color (a brown black). It must be soft and waterproof too. So I went to Urban Decay, Bobbi Brown, Nars, Tom Ford, Dior, Chanel, blah blah blah you named it. And a sale associate at Sephora highly recommend the Sephora Collection. I do love other brands color but none offered a deep enough forest green AND a creamy waterproof formula.

After much swatching, I settled down with Sephora Collection 12 hr wear eye pencil ($9 for 0.04 oz) in #19 Go for a Ride. In fact, I love it so much I went back for #14 Cocoa. Guys, I'm blown away! 

 #14 Cocoa is a deep chocolate brown with very fine shimmer that adds some glam and softness to the color. When I use it to create a crisp line, Cocoa doesn't look too harsh. And it's almost an exact dupe for Tom Ford eyeliner in Metallic Mink! When I wore this baby to the counter, the girls there thought it was Metallic Mink. I swatched them side by side and was in awe!

#19 Go for a ride is THE green that I've been hunting for. It's deep forest green with shimmer, although the shimmer isn't as visible as that of Cocoa. Stunning!! I couldn't be happier with the colors!

Direct sunlight

Another look at the shimmer
I have worn both in various weather conditions, mostly hot and muggy. They stay put no matter what for 12 hr. They look exactly the same all day, no fall-outs, no smudging of any sort. So durable under the heat and humidity in Houston. On the other hand, if you want to create a creamy base, these pencils are up to the task. Once they set, they won't move yet you can remove them with a standard oil-based makeup remover. 

How Cocoa looks on my eye lids

Bottom line. If you haven't tried these pencils, you're missing out guys. The color is gorgeous. The formula is superb. The price is friendly. What else can we ask for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...