Friday, July 26, 2013

Finished!

Oh my goodness!! It took me forever to pull off a post like this. It definitely put me through a tough discipline: stick to certain products and use them up. It feels good, really good! Now I understand why my fellow blogger lovelies show off emptied containers monthly. It's like an achievement, ones that deserve oohs and ahs. We clear out the used and make room for new found loves :D. I'm so excited to share my first post of this type. 

First thing first, full sizes. 
The most epic finisher is my Clarins Ever Matte Foundation in 108 Sand. I used it pretty regularly and finished in a little bit over a year. My first two high-end foundies, Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich and Dior Skin Nude, got spoiled and dried out half way through the bottle. So those didn't count. This is actually my first time to use up a foundation! Not that it's impossible but rotating between 6 foundations and a dozen of samples at the same time is overwhelming. So I decided to finish one by one. My next target is Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick. But since they're 2 of my 3 all time favorites, they also sit on top of my repurchase list and then become a target again. Circle of life :D. We'll see.

Come closed second proudest is Tocca Giulietta perfume. It was my first full size perfume I purchased myself. I have run through full sizes before, but never have I been so excited to switch to new scents. I spritzed Giulietta like 3 times a day since April. I just want to get it done. And there I have it, an empty bottle after one and a half year.

Tom's of Maine deodorant (unscented) also took me about a year of daily uses. It's the best. Organic, effective and last a long time. Priced friendly too.

I also quickly sweep through Liz Earle Instant Boost Toner and Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Facial in about 5 months. The toner is a must for me everyday, especially in Houston humid, it gives the right amount of moisture, soothes and smoothes my skin! I replaced the Korres cream with Wild Rose 24-hr moisturizer of the same brand. It's a bit lighter and can be used any time of the day.

Kielh's ACAI damage repair serum is quite good for my discoloration but I want a more effective yet gentle serum so I'm on the hunt again. Does this thing even exist? I don't know. Give me a shout in the comment if you know a good one.

Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill mascaras the Original and Stretch. I love Stretch better for the length and long wearing! I've used up several tubes already but decided to switch to YSL Babydoll.

Now comes the samples.
Don't underestimate the small Shu Uemura cleasing oil premium A/I deluxe sample (50 ml!!). It lasts for good 8 months! I love how it removes every bit of residues of makeup and conditions my skin. However, it contains mineral oils, which leaves really heavy oils afterward. A cleanser is a must afterward. So I'm looking for something less oily and still effective. *wink wink* Tatcha one step camellia cleasing oil!

I love Nars pro prim smudge proof eyeshadow primer so much that I purchased a full size not too long ago. Great stuff! It's lightweight and guarantees me no creasing or smudging.

Then Molton Brown Body Wash Patchouli and Saffron. Right now I'm debating between this and Black Pepper. Any recommendation?

The three mascara samples were just so so. Benefit BAD gal does nothing for me. Both Bobbi Brown Extreme Party Mascara and Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara define my lashes yet no lengthening nor volumizing. And both clumps my lashes a little. Decent yet fall short for a full size order.

That's it. Now your turn my friends. Any empties this month or this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...