Saturday, July 23, 2011

Does Dior DiorShow Mascara deserve the hype?

In the past 4 years I’ve followed the brand, Dior DiorShow Mascara ($24.50 for 0.38 oz)  won the best mascara by several magazines every single year.
I do find the rather dry formula of DiorShow holds my curled lashes really well. It also adds decent volume to my lashes. No falls out I’ve noticed either. I personally prefer curling mascara to volumizing or dramatic mascaras. The latter feel heavy on my lashes irritating my eyes a bit. Drier formulated mascaras will lift my thin lashes up while the wetter counterparts will drag them down. So I’m ok with DiorShow.

What bugs me is the fat brush. Unless you have a hand of professionals, you will be likely to smug a bit of DiorShow on your lids. It clumps even after drying out a little. I don’t think it’s worth $24.50. At this price, many other types of mascara can deliver the exact results with more user-friendly brush (Lancome Definicils, anyone?). My point is why DiorShow got much hyped while others of equal quality and price don’t.
Is there a dupe? A sale associate at Sephora suggested me Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara. They have similar brushes though Benefit’s is slightly fatter, fuller and shorter. The formula is quite different though. DiorShow is more volumnizing, holds curls better and offers more intensity. BADgal, on the other hand, doesn’t clumps and looks more natural. 


Please share your dupe for DiorShow. And what is your HG mascara?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...