Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Review: A touch of the sun - Guerlain Rouge G Blush and Smashbox Radiant Blush

These are easily my favorite blushes of all time. They give me a youthful healthy flush in very different ways.
Smashbox Radiant ($24 for 0.13 oz) has a fuchsia tint that when heavily applied gives you an after-exercise look. I tone it down by using very light hand. The result is a very natural pink, a healthy pink as a consequence of good fitness regime. Radiant has matte finish. Yay! I’m not a huge fan of NARS blushes for their obvious golden flecks.
Guerlain Rouge G ($67 for 0.28 oz) offers more dimensions and color variations due to its multiple color strips. I use the lightest shade on my cheekbones as highlighter. For an everyday look, I sweep through the palette twice in opposite direction, tap off the excess and dap the powder on the apples of my cheeks. If I’m in the mood for bolder cheeks, I pick up more of orange color strip. The sophisticated golden shimmer really promotes the glow on your cheeks. You can create endless color variation with this blush. It has a hefty price tag but I think it’s definitely worth it.
What blushes are you loving for the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...